Domain Name Relay Daemon is a caching, forwarding DNS proxy server. Most useful on vpn or dialup firewalls but it is also a nice DNS cache for minor networks and workstations.
- Caching of DNS requests.
- Support for backup DNS servers.
- Uses random source port and random query ID's to prevent cache poisoning.
- Support for simple routing - specify different forward DNS servers for different domains.
- Force authorative or unauthorative answers for specified domains.
- Share the /etc/hosts over the network.
- Support for openbsd, freebsd and linux.
- TCP support
- DNS blacklist support